2022 GESA Credit Union Turkey Trot Fun Run to Benefit Benton Franklin Red Cross
This Thanksgiving, the Benton Franklin Red Cross will be holding its Turkey Trot to benefit the Benton/Franklin chapter of the American Red Cross. The Turkey Trot includes a 1-mile fun run and a 5k run, both races begin at 9:00 am at the stage area of Columbia Park in Kennewick Washington (across from the playground of dreams).
Water stations will be set up in the 5K course at about the 1-mile and 2-mile markers; no water station for the 1 mile. The results of the Turkey Trot will not be recorded or published, but there will be a clock at the finish line for runners to check their time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where and when can I "Trot"? We are so excited to be back in person this year! If you are in the Tri-Cities, join us at Columbia Park in Kennewick on Thanksgiving morning (Thursday, November 24th). Race start is 9:00 am. If you are celebrating with us from another location, feel free to trot your own course during Thanksgiving week and post a #RedCrossTurkeyTrot2022 picture.
- What's the registration deadline? Online registrations will continue through November 15th.
- Does a Team have to be six people? Yes - teams are comprised of six participants to receive the $25 (Regular) per participant pricing. Teams can be comprised of adults and youths and all six must be signed up at one time.
- Are there commemorative t-shirts this year? Yes! The tradition of a Turkey Trot t-shirt continues and is included in the Tri-City Trotter, Global Trotter, and Tri-City Trotter Team registrations. T-shirts are not available for individual sale.
- What sizes are available for the t-shirts?
- Youth Sizes: Small and Medium
- Adult Sizes: Adult Small to 3XL
- T-shirts are unisex, long-sleeved, crew neck, and 100% cotton.
- How do I pick up my packet? Packets for Tri-City Trotters and Tri-City Trotter Teams must be picked-up in Kennewick during our designated Packet Pick-Up days (Friday, 11/18 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. & Saturday, 11/19 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.). Watch your email and our Facebook event page for Packet Pickup instructions and updates. If you selected Basic Trotter in addition to a Tri-City Trotter for the same address, Basic Trotter race bibs will be included in the packet pick up, rather than mailed.
- I purchased a Global Trotter or Basic Trotter registration. When will I receive my packet or race bib? Basic Trotters will receive their bib via USPS. The only exception is if you purchased a Tri-City Trotter along with a Basic Trotter. In this case, the Basic Trotter bib will be included in your local packet pick-up. All Global Trotters will receive their mailed race bib or 2-Day FedEx registration packets during the week of November 14th.
- What if I am unable to register online? Those unable to register online may register by phone with a credit card payment. Please call (509) 551-3097 and a Red Cross representative will help you register.
- Don't see your question here? Email us at NWevents@redcross.org and a representative will assist you.
Posted by Colleen Lane on