19th Annual Cool Desert Nights
For the past 19 years the Tri City Regional Chamber of Commerce has hosted Cool Desert Nights in Richland Washington. This family friendly community event is a weekend long car show sponsored by HAPO Community Credit Union, “The Official Sponsor of Summer.” Cool Desert Nights features cars of all ages, makes and models; last year over 700 cars were registered. Throughout the weekend nearly 15,000 people attended the event last year.
Schedule of Events:
Thursday, June 21
- Registration - Hosted by the Columbia Basin Corvair Club: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Richland Red Lion; 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the Richland Dairy Queen Grill & Chill.
- The Les Schwab All City Cruise: The line-up begins at 5:00pm at the TRAC in Pasco Washington, the cruise will depart at 5:30 pm from the TRAC going through the Tri Cities before ending at the Richland Dairy Queen Grill & Chill with a mini Show ‘n Shine from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Friday, June 22
- Registration - Hosted by the Columbia Basin Corvair Club: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm at the Richland Red Lion; 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm in the Uptown Parking Lot behind Denny’s
- Tom Denchel Ford Country.com Show ‘n Shine at Vintners Village in Prosser, WA from 12:00 am to 5:00 pm
- O'Reilly Auto Parts Participants Only Cruise: This is the most popular part of Cool Desert Nights. All the registered participants cruise through Richland on a designated route; 7:00 pm to 9:00pm
- Street Dance: Friday night after the cruise swing by the Richland Jackson's from 8:00 pm to Midnight to come dance the night away; tickets cost $10 for a weekend wristband or $7 at the door.
Saturday, June 23
- Registration - Hosted by the Columbia Basin Corvair Club: 7:00 am to Noon in the Uptown Parking Lot behind Denny’s
- Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast: 7:00 am to 11:00 am at the Jefferson Park Gazebo, tickets are $5 in advance or $5.50 at the breakfast.
- Show ‘n Shine: Uptown Center and Jefferson Park; music, vendors, entertaining, concessions, and family activities 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Judging: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
- Legends Casino Slow Drags: Noon in front of the Richland Fire Department on George Washington Way
- Awards Ceremony: 3:30 pm, George Washington Way in front of the Uptown. Awards given include 6 Cool Ride winners, 4 Sponsor Choice, People's Choice, Work in Progress and many others.
- Street Dance: Friday night after the cruise swing by the Richland Jackson's from 9:00 pm to Midnight to come dance the night away; tickets cost $10 for a weekend wristband or $7 at the door.
Sunday, June 24
- Auto Cross Charity Event - Hosted by the Sage and Sand Sports Car Club, 8:00 am - 4:00pm come out to the Tri-City Raceway to try your hand behind the wheel on the raceway or just go to watch the action. The cost is $10 for 3 runs or $20 for 10 runs, open to all types of cars.
For more information about the event or to register contact the Tri City Regional Chamber of Commerce at 509.736.0510.
Posted by your Richland Real Estate Agents, Joe and Colleen Lane. Call or email us today! 509.438.9344
by Colleen Lane
The Lane Real Estate Team
(509) 438-9344 - Colleen cell
Feel free to call or text!