Wednesday morning, Pasco firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire at the Airport Motel off of Fourth in Pasco. The fire, which engulfed two rooms on the second floor and spread through the attic into two other rooms, is believed to be caused by some of the remodeling work that was happening at the motel. One of the workers was soldering pipes together; he left to do some work in another unit and when he returned the room was in flames. When the firefighters first responded to the fire they saw flames shooting out of the northwest side of the motel; a second crew was promptly called in. Nearly 30 firefighters were fighting the fire including all of Pasco’s on-duty crews, off duty firefighters, and some units from Kennewick Fire and Franklin Fire District 3. Medics and other units were called into Pasco’s fire stations to handle other calls. There were no residents living in the motel because it was shut down in February 2008 by the state health officials.
Joe and Colleen Lane Pasco Realtors®
by Colleen & Joe Lane
The Lane Real Estate Team
(509) 438-9344 - Colleen cell
Feel free to call or text!