Three Rivers Folklife Society has put on the Tumbleweed Music Festival every year and on August 30, 31, & September 1, 2019 the... Read More
Beware of Taking Loans for Homes for Sale
What’s the most perplexing and frustrating situation that a new (and sometimes, even experienced) real estate investor finds himself in? Undoubtedly, it’s getting the deals funded. Very often, it happens that when a real estate investor wishes to close a great deal but has difficulty getting the money to do it, he might inevitably resort to taking a loan. But sometimes, that could get an investor into really big trouble!
Options to remember before accepting a loan
- Originating loans involves certain fees and costs. Make sure that the fees are not too excessive and calculate the fees once again to ensure accuracy.
- When the investor borrows a loan with less-than-perfect credit, he needs to pay a slightly higher rate of interest but it should be always ensured that the interest rate is not too exorbitant. The investor needs to have a thorough knowledge of the current interest rates. In case the lender demands more than six percent above prime for a first mortgage loan, he should look for better options!
- Watch out for prepayment penalties! The investor could lose a significant chunk of his profit through prepayment penalties when purchasing a home. They could be a real hassle if he wants to refinance in a year or two or if he sells the property.
- Don’t take loans which cover insurance policies like life or medical insurance.
- Be careful if the contract involves a binding mandatory arbitration clause. If the investor agrees to a binding arbitration clause, it means that he loses all his rights to sue for any reason if a dispute arises.
- Be extremely vigilant and cautious if the lender wants any upfront fees or soliciting applications. It means he is a fake trying to fool others!
- The investor must have a comprehensive, thorough knowledge on all aspects of borrowing a loan. He should be familiar with all terms and procedures related to product mortgage loans as well as payments.
Some times, it so happens that an investor purchasing homes for sale gets the deal done with disagreeable loan terms. In crucial cases, the investor would even be prepared to pay a higher rate of interest as he well knows that his real estate property will generate enough money to cover the debt. In short, before taking a loan, it is important that the investor precisely understands the terms of the loan and makes a prudent decision that will guarantee his success.
Call us, 509.438.9344, Email us, or fill out the contact form below.
We respond right away! -Colleen Lane, Realtor®
Latest From Our Blog...
This year the 2019 Benton Franklin Fair and Rodeo is “The Best Week of the Summer.” Come check out all the fair has to ... Read More
Riverfest 2019 | Sep. 7, 2019 | 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM | Columbia Park/Lampson Pits | Kennewick, WA RiverFest is a FREE family eve... Read More
Cuisine de Vin | Aug. 16, 2019 | 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM | Terra Blanca Winery | Benton City, WA Visit this over 21 casual fun-fi... Read More
Second Saturday Uptown Shopping Center Art Walk in the Uptown Shopping Center, Richland WA | August 10, 2019 | 3:00 PM - 7:00 ... Read More
The 2019 HAPO Columbia Cup will mark the 54th time Unlimited Hydroplanes have raced on the Columbia River. This year’s event,... Read More
2019 69th Annual Art In The Park at Howard Amon Park, Richland Washington. Experience an explosive event which brings together Tri-... Read More
Woman Work: All-Women Art showJul. 12, 20196:00 PM - 9:00 PMDrewBoy Creative | Richland, WADrewBoy Creative presents its first-ever... Read More
2019 See 3 Slam Basketball Tournament Sponsored by Tri-CU Credit Union and presented by Sunrise Rotary and the City of Richland on ... Read More
Are you looking for something to do this weekend in the Tri-Cities Washington or in the surrounding area? Then check this out! I ha... Read More