We may not agree with many of the policies that are being placed upon us, but one thing is for sure, Benton and Franklin Counties w... Read More
Beware of Taking Loans for Homes for Sale
What’s the most perplexing and frustrating situation that a new (and sometimes, even experienced) real estate investor finds himself in? Undoubtedly, it’s getting the deals funded. Very often, it happens that when a real estate investor wishes to close a great deal but has difficulty getting the money to do it, he might inevitably resort to taking a loan. But sometimes, that could get an investor into really big trouble!
Options to remember before accepting a loan
- Originating loans involves certain fees and costs. Make sure that the fees are not too excessive and calculate the fees once again to ensure accuracy.
- When the investor borrows a loan with less-than-perfect credit, he needs to pay a slightly higher rate of interest but it should be always ensured that the interest rate is not too exorbitant. The investor needs to have a thorough knowledge of the current interest rates. In case the lender demands more than six percent above prime for a first mortgage loan, he should look for better options!
- Watch out for prepayment penalties! The investor could lose a significant chunk of his profit through prepayment penalties when purchasing a home. They could be a real hassle if he wants to refinance in a year or two or if he sells the property.
- Don’t take loans which cover insurance policies like life or medical insurance.
- Be careful if the contract involves a binding mandatory arbitration clause. If the investor agrees to a binding arbitration clause, it means that he loses all his rights to sue for any reason if a dispute arises.
- Be extremely vigilant and cautious if the lender wants any upfront fees or soliciting applications. It means he is a fake trying to fool others!
- The investor must have a comprehensive, thorough knowledge on all aspects of borrowing a loan. He should be familiar with all terms and procedures related to product mortgage loans as well as payments.
Some times, it so happens that an investor purchasing homes for sale gets the deal done with disagreeable loan terms. In crucial cases, the investor would even be prepared to pay a higher rate of interest as he well knows that his real estate property will generate enough money to cover the debt. In short, before taking a loan, it is important that the investor precisely understands the terms of the loan and makes a prudent decision that will guarantee his success.
Call us, 509.438.9344, Email us, or fill out the contact form below.
We respond right away! -Colleen Lane, Realtor®
Latest From Our Blog...
Open House (Virtual): 483 Aimee Drive, Richland WA 99352 This virtual open house is best viewed on a full screen on a larg... Read More
Women of Washington Wine | The Walter Clore Center | Prosser, WA | Aug. 22, 2020 | The Walter Clore Center | 6:... Read More
Are you looking for something to do this weekend in the Tri-Cities Washington or in the surrounding area? Then check this out! We h... Read More
We will update the 2020 2021 Benton Franklin Fair and Rodeo information as we receive it: The 2020 Benton Franklin Fair and Rode... Read More
From this year's 2020 Columbia Cup Hydroplane Races on the Columbia River about next year's 2021 Columbia Cup Hydroplane Races on t... Read More
Not sure what is going on with Second Saturday Uptown Shopping Center Art Walk in Richland given the current Covid-19 climate,... Read More
Apparently the 2020 70th Annual Art In The Park at Howard Amon Park, Richland WA is still on. From their website: We a... Read More
What is going on with this year's 2020 Riverfest? Not sure what else to post except that our family will miss it if Covid-19 has it... Read More
Not sure what is happening with the Women Work Art Show, but hopefully there will be one this year. Stay tuned... Last yea... Read More