The 26th Annual Cool Desert Night will happen on June 20 to 23, 2019. The event will take place in the Uptown Shopping Plaza a... Read More
Buying or selling a home is a very complicated and emotional event. Because of this, buyers or sellers ask an expert to assist them throughout this whole process. Choosing a real estate agent to represent you during this time is the most important decision you will make. But what is the role of a real estate agent? What benefits do buyers and sellers get from them?
- Guides clients throughout the sale.
- Views a home before he agrees to list it to know the overall condition of the property, and if maintenance is deemed necessary, suggests improvements to increase its value and marketability.
- Performs a market analysis to determine an approximate value.
- Promotes home and lists a property in the multiple listing service.
- Informs his clients about market conditions, prices, and other matters. He compares the property to be sold with others that have been sold recently to establish a fair asking price.
- Connects buyers with local lenders to that are able to help in acquiring financing at the best rates and terms.
- Works with homeowners, buyers, lending companies, inspectors to ensure that the sale goes well.
- Interviews potential buyers to find out what type of property they are looking for, the location they prefer and their price range. Agents then search for lists of properties the buyers may like based on what they have discussed. In case the prospective buyers asks questions, the agent must be very familiar with the property he is selling.
- Refers clients to sources for insurance, inspections, legal counsel and financing.
- Weeds out buyers who will not qualify for a mortgage.
- Sets appointments and escorts potential buyers to view homes and answers their questions about the property.
- Handles the sale when a property has already been chosen. Assisting the buyers in filling out the necessary papers to make a formal offer.
- Presents purchase offers to the seller or seller’s agent for consideration.
- Sets meetings between buyers and sellers when some details need to be negotiated upon.
- Prepares paperwork such as purchase agreements to ensure that the sale closes through without any problem.
- Sees that all special terms specified in the contract are fulfilled before the closing date.
Call us, 509.438.9344, Email us, or fill out the contact form below.
We respond right away! -Colleen & Joe Lane, Realtors®
Latest From Our Blog...
Join 'Live @ 5' Summer Concert Series by Hapo Community Credit Union every Thursday evening beginning June 6. 'Live @ 5' will run f... Read More
Celebrate Invertebrates! June 15, Saturday, 9 am - noon at McNary National Wildlife Refuge When: June 15, Saturday – ... Read More
REACH Foundation Annual Fundraiser Day's Pay, REACH Museum, Richland WA | Jun. 20, 2019 | 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM July 23, 1944, marke... Read More
Second Saturday Uptown Shopping Center Art Walk in the Uptown Shopping Center, Richland WA | Jun. 8, 2019 | 3:00 PM - 7:0... Read More
ACT Garden Arts Tour & Party | Jun. 8, 2019 | 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM | Tri-Cities, WA Be entertained as The Acade... Read More
Join this years' Glow Hike on Friday, June 21, 2019 - 8:30pm to 10:00pm The group will meet at the Trailhead Community Pa... Read More
Auction of Washington Wines Wine and Music Festival | Jun. 1, 2019 | 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM | Col Solare | Benton City, W... Read More
Auction of Washington Wines Vineyard Dinner | May 31, 2019 | Kiona Vineyards | Benton City, WA Take in the sweeping vi... Read More
Join the Hogs and Dogs 2019 Regional Family Festival on June 20, 2019, hosted by the West Richland Chamber of Commerce. The event w... Read More